TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
The results of the second edition of the NAFA (North American Film Awards), are finally out. The names of the winners for the year 2016 were announced recently in a press conference held at Kochi.
Nivin Pauly and Manju Warrier have bagged the top honours by winning the awards for the Best Actor and Best Actress, respectively.
Nivin Pauly won the award for his performances in the film Jacobinte Swargarajyam and Action Hero Biju whereas Manju Warrier was selected for her portrayal of the characters in the films Karinkunnam Sixes and Vettah.
Rajeev Ravi, who came up with the magnificent film Kammatipaadam in the year 2016 was adjudged the Best Director whereas Dileesh Pothen's Maheshinte Prathikaaram was declared as the Best Movie of the year.
Interestingly, actor Vinayakan, who was much appreciated for his performance in the film Kammatipaadam, has been awarded with the Outstanding Performance of the year. Disappointingly, Mohanlal starrer Pulimurugan didn't win any major awards.
The awards will be distributed in a grand ceremony, which will be held in New York on July 22, 2017. The winners were selected from an online poll held among the Malayalis in North America.