- Malayalam Movies & Their Memorable References To The Thrissur Pooram!
- What Paved Way For Dulquer Salmaan's Entry To His Debut Bollywood Movie?
- WAITING! Unni R's Next Has Got An Interesting Title!
- RUMOUR HAS IT: Parvathy Becomes The Highest Paid Actress Of Mollywood!
- IIFA Utsavam 2017 Winners: Dulquer Salmaan & Rajisha Vijayan Bag Top Honours
- Dulquer Salmaan: Is He Now The Most Bankable Young Star Of Mollywood?
- CONFIRMED: Manju Warrier In Charlie Team's Next!
- Ezra Box Office 7 Days Collection: Enters The Top 5 First Week Grossers Of Mollywood!
- Dulquer Salmaan's Journey At The Box Office: 5 Biggest Hits Of The Actor!
- 5 Years Of Dulquer Salmaan: The Best 5 Movies Of The Actor!
- Jomonte Suvisheshangal & The Other Best Day 1 Grossers Of Dulquer Salmaan!
- Jomonte Suvisheshangal & Other Malayalam films That Took A Bumper Opening At Kochi Multiplexes!
Even now, makers seldom dare to come up with movies, which don't have a romantic angle. The reason is simple, because we, the audiences still love to watch romantic stories, no matter what changes the films of the new generation have had.
Unlike the past, the makers of new age cinema have mastered the art of romance. Malayalam films of the recent times have had some well-written love stories and beautifully crafted characters.
Here, on this Valentine's Day, we take you through the most loved on-screen couples in Malayalam films of the recent times. These filmy characters are cut above the rest and have etched a place of their own in the minds of the people.
Mahesh And Jimsy - Maheshinte Prathikaaram
This love story was indeed different and their love track didn't follow any particular template nor was it so colourful or fancied but still, Mahesh and Jimcy went on to win the hearts of the audiences. Simple yet impactful!
George And Celine - Premam
Well, the most celebrated pair of Premam was George and Malar, but we feel that the pair of George and Celine, is the one that looked more practical. Importantly, we got to see a character who acknowledges the ex-lover of her beau in the most practical way. A cute couple indeed.
Charlie And Tessa - Charlie
The crazy couple of the recent times and this is the best way in which we could tag this lovely pair from the movie Charlie. The love story of Charlie and Tessa did follow a very unusual track; in fact, they took the viewers to a magic world, a place where most of us would love to be a part of.
Moideen And Kanchanamala - Ennu Ninte Moideen
These two characters from Ennu Ninte Moideen were based on real life characters of the same name. Moideen and Kanchanamala symbolised eternal love and they gave the message that pure love never dies.
Ulahannan And Aaniyamma - Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol
To fall in love and to be romantic, age is never a barrier and this was taught to us by Ulahannan and Aaniyamma of Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol. The film, with a beautiful message had narrated a beautiful tale of reinventing the love in your life.
Abhi And Eli - Anuraga Karikkin Vellam
These two characters from the film Anuraga Karikkin Vellam, did win the love of the audiences. The break-up scene from the film that did create a stir in the minds of the audiences is solely enough to tag them as one among the best.
James And Alice
One of the most underrated movies of the recent times. James and Alice were the representatives of today's fast moving society. The film had a beautifully woven tale and the love story of James And Alice is worthy remembering.
Well, almost all the movies from the above list have turned out to be big hits at the box office (barring James And Alice, which unfortunately couldn't do well at the box office).
In fact, the Malayalam film audiences have got to witness some fresh love stories recently, and the success of those films have led to the arrival of more and more love stories in Mollywood.