TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Vidya Balan, the National award-winning actress had shocked the industry by backing off from her Malayalam debut project Aami at the last minute. Vidya was supposed to essay Kamal Surayya in the movie, directed by Kamal.
As per the latest updates, the producers of Aami have decided to move legally against the actress for quitting the project at the last minute. Reportedly, the producers faced financial loss, as Aami was postponed multiple times due to Vidya's unavailability.
Director Kamal, who confirmed the chances for a legal battle, stated that his producers felt humiliated and cheated after Vidya Balan decided to quit the film at the last minute. The film-maker stated that the actress's decision was a huge blow to the entire crew.
Kamal had lashed out the against Vidya in a recent interview, by stating that her actions were purely unprofessional and unethical. According to the director, the actual reason behind Vidya's withdrawal from the movie is still unknown.
Now, the team has roped in to play Mollywood's star actress Manju Warrier to play Kamala Surayya in the movie, which is a biopic. As per the latest updates, Aami will start rolling on March 20, in Ottappalam, Palakkad.