- Mysskin's 'I Would Have Raped Mammootty' Joke Is In Bad Taste And The Fans Are Not Happy About It
- Mammootty's Peranbu Fetches The Praises Of An Internationally Acclaimed Film-maker
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: Becomes The Third Malayalam Movie To Breach This Big Landmark!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Mammootty's Stunning Performance From This Movie Continues To Win Praises!
- YSR Biopic: The Teaser Of Mammootty’s Yatra Is Terrific
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Mammootty Starrer Is In The Race To Become The Top Grosser!
- After Playing Mohanlal's Villain, The Actor To Turn Mammootty’s Father In An Upcoming Movie?
- This Sequel To Mammootty's Blockbuster Movie To Begin In August?
- Mammootty, Mohanlal & Other Celebrities At AMMA General Body Meeting 2018!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Report: How Much Has The Film Collected So Far?
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Film Successfully Passes The Weekdays' Test!
Avidathepole Ivideyum, the Mammootty-Mohanlal starrer directed by KS Sethu Madhavan, is one of the classic family entertainers of 80's. The movie, which was released in 1985 depicted the story of two friends, who marries each other's sisters.
Mammootty essayed Anirudhan, a small-town man who relocates to the city for his job. Mohanlal appeared as Sukumaran, a modern, wealthy, city-based guy who eventually becomes Anirudhan's best friend. Shobana and Kavitha played Anirudhan and Sukumaran's sisters respectively.
Here we list the names of the actors, whom we feel are the perfect choices for the main star cast if Avidathepole Ivideyum is remade now....
Fahadh Faasil As Anirudhan aka Ani
Fahadh can undoubtedly play the character of Anirudhan aka Ani, the small-town based young man who strongly believes in traditional values and morals, to near perfection. The actor will surely be a perfect replacement for Mammootty.
Dulquer Salmaan As Sukumaran aka Suku
Dulquer Salmaan will be a good choice for the role of Sukumaran aka Suku. He can surely do justice to the role of the modern, rich youngster who loves to live the life on his own terms, played by Mohanlal in the original.
Prayaga Martin As Sujatha
Prayaga is totally fit for the role of the soft-spoken, hardworking village girl Sujatha, the sister of Anirudhan of eventually marries Sukumaran. The role was essayed by Shobana in the original.
Namitha Pramod As Neelima
Namitha is a great choice for the role of Neelima, Sukumaran's younger sister. She can perfectly play the role of the bold, modern, beauty conscious girl who dislikes her husband's middle-class lifestyle.
Innocent As Raghavettan
There is no better choice for the role of Raghavettan, the cook cum caretaker of Suku and Ani's lodge, other than Innocent. The actor will be a perfect replacement for the legendary actor Adoor Bhasi.
Avidathepole Ivideyum dealt with the struggles faced by two married couples, who come from different cultural backgrounds. The movie discussed the pros and cons of traditional and modern lifestyles with a touch of humour.
Mammootty's character Anirudhan was the representative of common Malayali youngsters of 80's, while Mohanlal's character Sukumaran depicted a modern Malayali youth who is highly influenced by the western culture.
When Shobana appeared as Anirudhan's sister Sujatha, a traditional Malayali girl who has a deep respect for the family values, newcomer Kavitha Thakur played Neelima, the sister of Sukumaran who believes in enjoying life to the fullest.
The movie, which was jointly scripted by John Paul and C Radhakrishnan, was a major commercial success of 1985. Avidathepole Ivideyum was produced by Raju Mathew for the popular production banner Century Films.