- Trivandrum Lodge Team Is Coming Up With Yet Another Exciting Venture!
- Anoop Menon & Mamtha Mohandas To Join Hands For Neeli!
- Unni Mukundan & Anoop Menon Back Together For A Film?
- Asif Ali & Anoop Menon To Team Up Yet Again!
- Manju Warrier's Aami: Anoop Menon's First Look Is Out!
- Anoop Menon’s Sarvopari Palakkaran: The First Official Trailer Is Out!
- Anoop Menon And Shyamaprasad To Team Up Soon!
- REVEALED! Anoop Menon’s Look In Mohanlal’s Velipadinte Pusthakam!
- Bhavana-Naveen Engagement: Mohanlal, Prithviraj & Others Wish The Actress On The Special Occasion!
- Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol FDFS: Live Updates From Theatre!
- OH NO! Vidya Balan Backs Out From Kamala Surayya Biopic?
- Anoop Menon's Next Movie As A Writer Gets A Title!
Anoop Menon is undoubtedly one of the finest all-rounders of the Malayalam film industry. He is a fabulous actor, a thinking and matured writer and an occasional lyricist as well. In fact, Anoop Menon is a natural performer and he is one such actor who holds an amazing screen presence, which he creates with his own inimitable style and striking performances.
His most recent film, Ente Mezhuthiri Athazhangal, has been fetching some good reviews for the actor and the writer in him. Meanwhile, Anoop Menon is celebrating his birthday today (August 03, 2018) and on this special day, we take you through the journey of his 5 best performances so far.
Thirakkatha, the film directed by Ranjith, was indeed the turning point in the acting career of Anoop Menon. In this film, Anoop Menon played one among the lead roles and it featured him in the role of a superstar. The various phases of the character Ajaychandra, right from an aspiring actor to a powerful superstar, were safe in the hands of the actor and rightly, he went on to fetch his first Kerala State Film Award for the Best Supporting Actor.
Pranayam was a film which was as beautiful as its title. It wouldn't be wrong to tag it as one of the finest works of this decade and a film rich in performances with Mohanlal, Anupam Kher and Jayaprada coming up with terrific performances. Anoop Menon also played a crucial role in this film and he too joined the league of the best performances with his matured portrayal of a character named Suresh Menon. His performances in the subtle emotional sequences were spot on.
Beautiful was subtle and simple; but much like its name, the film created a lovable impact in the minds of the audiences. He along with Jayasurya handled the lead roles in the film and Anoop Menon was so convincing as the character John, a musician who is good at heart. He formed a perfect combo with Jayasurya in this real beautiful movie.
Traffic could rightly be termed as one of the real trendsetters of Malayalam cinema, and Anoop Menon played the crucial role of a Police Commissioner in the film. It is through his character that the tension and the anxiety of the mission progresses. Due credits to the actor for imparting that to the audiences in the most appropriate way. Moreover, one of the dialogues reiterated by him in the film went on to gain a cult status.
In Vikramadithyan, Anoop Menon played the role of a character with slight negative shades and he was excellent as a strict father, who tries to emerge victorious at any cost. The actor's performance was much noted and he once again proved that he could do all kinds of roles with ease. In fact, he went on to fetch his second Kerala State Film Award for the Best Supporting Actor in that year for his performance in the film.