- Manju Warrier’s Aami: When Will The Movie Hit The Theatres?
- Manju Warrier's Aami: Anoop Menon's First Look Is Out!
- Manju Warrier's Aami: Murali Gopy's First Look Is Out!
- REVEALED: This's Why Vidya Balan Backed Off From Kamal's Aami!
- Manju Warrier's Aami: First Look Poster Is Out
- Manju Warrier's Aami To Go On Floors Next Week!
- No Plans To Quit Aami, Says Manju Warrier
- Vidya Balan's Withdrawal From Aami: The Actress To Face Legal Trouble?
- Mohanlal-Kamal Combo: A Journey Through The Memorable Works Of The Actor-Director Pair!
- Here Is What Manju Warrier Has To Say About 'Aami' Controversy!
- MUST READ! Manju Warrier To Gain Weight For Aami
- WOW! Manju Warrier Bags Kamal's Aami
Aami, the much awaited Manju Warrier starrer is gearing up to grace the big screens tomorrow (February 09, 2018). Kamal, one among the most versatile film-makers of the Malayalam film industry is back in action with Aami.
In fact, it is after a gap of above 2 years that Kamal is coming up with a movie. The seasoned film-maker of Mollywood is expected to deliver a superlative product with Aami, which definitely looks a quality film that has the capability to set the cash registers ringing at the box office as well.
Before the big arrival of Aami, here we take you through a quick box office analysis on Kamal's previous 5 Malayalam movies as a film-maker. Read on...
Utopiayile Rajavu (2015)
Utopiayile Rajavu had hit the theatres during the Onam season of 2015. The film, scripted by Amen fame PS Rafeeque came in amidst huge expectations. The Kamal-Mammootty combo was expected to strike big once again with a social satire but the film turned out to be a half-baked attempt. The film couldn't create the desired impact at the box office.
Kamal's Nadan featured Jayaram in the lead role and it had a strong performance from its lead actor. The movie was indeed a fine attempt from the film-maker to take the audiences through the life of a theatre artist. Disappointingly, Nadan despite being a fine film couldn't make a big mark at the box office.
Celluloid can be rated as one of the finest works of the director and the writer in Kamal. The biopic on J C Daniel, featured Prithviraj in the lead role and the movie narrated an unknown tale about the father of Malayalam cinema. The film apart from becoming a big success at the box office also went on to win big at the Kerala State Film Awards.
Swapna Sanchari (2011)
Swapna Sanchari marked the reunion of Jayaram and Kamal, after a brief break. The film, which was in the lines of Kamal movies of the 1980s and the 1990s was a perfect family entertainer. The combo of Jayaram and Kamal once again delivered a success with this well-crafted movie.
Gadhama was one such film that earned a lot of praises from the critics. Kamal had opted for a realistic approach in this film and the movie went on to win the love of genuine movie lovers. Gadhama also had a power-packed performance from Kavya Madhavan, who went on to win the Kerala State Film Award. The movie had a decent run in the theatres.