TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
The month of August has begun with the arrival of the movies of their favourite stars. Yesterday (August 03, 2018) had marked the entry of the movies of Dulquer Salmaan and Asif Ali and that too in different languages. Dulquer Salmaan's debut Bollywood movie Karwaan and the Asif Ali starrer Iblis where the two big major releases of this week. Both the movies have graced the theatres amidst good amount of expectations. Iblis has been released in a good number of screens across kerala and Karwaan too, despite being a Hindi movie has grabbed a good number of screens. Both the films have opened to good reports and which among these movies had registered a better opening at the Kochi multiplexes, where films off languages have got a big acceptance. Read on to know more.
Karwaan and Iblis
Both Karwaan and Iblis did get somewhat equal number of shows on its opening day at the Kochi multiplexes. While Karwaan got 15 shows on its opening day the Asif Ali starrer Iblis got 15 shows on its day 1 at the Kochi multiplexes.
Karwaan Opening Day collections
Karwan had an OK opening at the Kochi multiplexes. According to a report by Forum Keralam, the film that had 15 shows on its opening went on to fetch 2.40 Lakhs on day 1 at an occupancy rate of 46 %. Reportedly, the film had better occupancy rates for the evening shows.
Iblis Opening Day Collections
The case was somewhat similar for the Asif Ali starre. A collection report by Forum Keralam suggests that Iblis had fetched 1.49 Lakhs on its day 1 at the multiplexes at an occupancy rate of 36 %. Going by the reports, Karwaan had won the opening day race at the Kochi multiplexes.
The Way Ahead
As mentioned above, both Karwaan and Iblis has been receiving good reviews from the audiences upon its release. The films are expected to pick more pace on Saturday and Sunday, with more family audiences expected to flow in to the multiplexes.