TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
Kayamkulam Kochunni has stormed into the theatres in style and the film has opened to some good reviews from the critics and the audiences. The Nivin Pauly starrer, did get the perfect platform for a flying start with the movie having released in above 350 screens. It wouldn't be wrong to say that Kayamkulam Kochunni ruled the theatres across Kerala on its release day. At the Kochi multiplexes, the film did get a record number of shows. Rightly, new box office records were expected to be created by the film and rightly, the much awaited movie has met the expectations. Read Kayamkulam Kochunni box office day 1 collections report to know more.
At The Kochi Multiplexes
Kayamkulam Kochunni has had as many as 62 shows on the opening day at the Kochi multiplexes. It went on to make a gigantic opening. According to a report by Forum Keralam, the film fetched 19.12 Lakhs on its day 1 at the Kochi multiplexes and at an occupancy rate of 91%.
A Fabulous Opening Indeed
Well, this is indeed a fabulous opening, especially considering the fact that the movie had released on a Thursday. It is after a short gap that a Malayalam movie is collecting so big on its opening day from the Kochi multiplexes.
Beats The Record Of Jomonte Suviseshangal
Meanwhile, Kayamkulam Kochunni has emerged as the top day 1 grosser at the Kochi multiplexes, among the Malayalam movies. Previously, this record was held by the Dulquer Salmaan starrer Jomonte Suviseshangal, which had fetched 17.63 Lakhs on the opening day.
Statitics Courtesy: Forum Keralam
Next Only To Kabali
With such a huge opening day collections, Kayamkulam Kochunni is now next only to Rajinikanth's Kabali in terms of the top day 1 collections at the Kochi multiplexes. Kabali had fetched approximately 30.21 Lakhs on the opening day.
Statistics Courtesy: Forum Keralam
The Way Ahead
Going by the latest reports, Kayamkulam Kochunni has above 35 shows on the second day as well. The advance booking has been pretty impressive and the movie is sure to fetch big during the long weekend.