TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Malayalam actor Kollam Ajith, who was much noted for his villain roles in a good number of Malayalam movies, passed away this morning in Kochi. Reportedly, the actor was in treatment for stomach related disease.
Apart from Malayalam films, Kollam Ajith has also appeared in films of other languages like Tamil and Telugu. In total, he has appeared in above 500 movies. He also appeared in Priyadarshan's Hindi movie Virasat, which featured Anil Kapoor in the lead role.
Kollam Ajith made his entry to the Malayalam film industry with the movie Parannu Parannu Parannu, directed by popular writer and film-maker P Padmarajan. He went on to become a prominent presence in many of the movies of the 1980s and 1990s. He has acted with the Mammootty and Mohanlal, in a good number of films. He played notable roles in movies like Nadodikkattu, Yuvajanotsavam, No.20 Madras Mail, Aparan, Manu Uncle etc.
In fact, the actor also went to play the lead role in the film Agnipravesham, which had hit the theatres in the year 1989. Kollam Ajith also appeared in some of the popular television serials.
Later, he also donned the hat of a writer and director with the film Calling Bell. He also directed a film titled Pakal Pole.