- ChaiSam Wedding: The Celebrations Kick-Start
- MUST READ! Jayasurya Is All Praises For Manju Warrier’s C/O Saira Banu!
- C/O Saira Banu Movie Review: Inspiring Tale Of A Mother!
- Manju Warrier's C/O Saira Banu: 5 Reasons To Watch The Movie
- WOW! Mohanlal To Appear In Manju Warrier's C/O Saira Banu?
- C/O Saira Banu Official Teaser Goes Viral
- EPIC! Mammootty, Amitabh Bachchan And Sachin Tendulkar In A Single Frame!
- Manju Warrier's C/O Saira Banu Stars Rolling
- Kismath Fame Shane Nigam To Play Manju Warrier's Son!
- Amala Akkineni To Make A Comeback With Manju Warrier
- INTERVIEW: Amala Akkineni Talks About Why She Only Prefers Cameo Roles
- Amala Akkineni Sings In Hamari Adhuri Kahani
Malayalam film industry definitely had a lot of positives to take from the year 2017. Importantly, while considering the Malayalam movies of 2017, one could understand the fact that the year and the movies did offer the right platform for something special.
2017 did witness the arrival of some new talents but at the same time, through the Malayalam movies released in 2017, some of the popular actors did make a powerful comeback to films, as well.
Yes, a good number of popular actresses, who had appeared in the Malayalam movies of the 1990s and the 2000s did make a noticeable return to Mollywood in 2017. Here, we take you through some of them..
Yesteryear actress Shanthi Krishna, made a memorable return to Malayalam films with Njandukalude Nattil Oridavela. She fetched a lot of praises for her powerful performance in this super hit movie. It was after a break of 19 years that the much loved actress of Mollywood marked a comeback to Mollywood.
Amala Akkineni did appear in two Malayalam films of the 90s and she made a lasting impact in the minds of the Malayalam film audiences with those movies. In 2017, she returned to Mollywood with the C/O Saira Banu, which featured Manju Warrier in the lead role.
Through the Dileep starrer Ramaleela, which was one of the biggest blockbusters of the year 2017, popular South Indian actress Raadhika Sarathkumar marked her return to Mollywood after 24 years. She portrayed the role of Saghavu Ragini, the mother of Ramanunni, the character played by Dileep in the movie.
Popular South Indian actress Gautami, who has acted in a good number of Malayalam movies of the 90s, did make a comeback to Malayalam cinema in the year 2017. She played one of the lead roles in the horror movie E, directed by Kukku Surendran. She made a comeback to Mollywood after a gap of 14 years.
Jomol did carve a place for her own in the Malayalam film industry with movies like Ennu Swantham Janakikutty, Niram and many others. The popular actress of Mollywood, who quit films after marriage, made a comeback with this year's release Careful.