TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Mammootty starrer Oru Vadakkan Veeragadha would easily rank among the best Malayalam movies ever to be made. This cult-classic movie, directed by Hariharan and scripted by master writer MT Vasudevan Nair, is indeed a milestone movie of the Malayalam cinema. The period movie had an astounding run in the theatres and, at the same time, it fetched glory at the award circuits, including the Best Actor Award for Mammootty at the National Film Awards.
Meanwhile, rumours were doing the rounds that film-maker Hariharan is gearing up to make his next venture and he is planning to do a sequel to Oru Vadakkan Veeragadha. While speaking to Mathrubhumi.com, Hariharan responded to all these rumours.
Denying all the rumours, director Hariharan stated that he doesn't know who is spreading such news. He also added that reports are coming out that he is planning to make Karnan, Mahabharatha, etc., and that the movies will feature a big star cast, including Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai, which have been doing the rounds. He mentioned that the trailers and teasers of the same could be found on YouTube, but all these details aren't true. "I don't think I would be able to do a sequel to 'Oru Vadakkan Veeragatha'", the director was quoted as saying to Mathrubhumi.com confirming that no such sequel is on the cards.
Meanwhile, Hariharan's previous directorial venture in Malayalam was Ezhamathe Varavu, which had hit the theatres in the year 2015. The movie, scripted by MT Vasudevan Nair, had Indrajith, Bhavana, Vineeth, etc., in the lead roles.