TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Maradona, starring Tovino Thomas in the lead role, had made it to the theatres on July 27, 2018. The film, which has been directed by newbie film-maker Vishnu Narayan, had released in a good number of theatres across the state. The trailer of the film had looked like a solid one and it had promised to be a quality movie. Rightly, the film opened to good reviews from the critics with Tovino Thomas gaining a whole lot of praises for his performance in the movie. At the Kochi multiplexes, the Tovino Thomas starrer got as many as 11 shows on its opening day. How well did the movie perform at the multiplexes on its opening weekend? Well, read the Maradona box office collection report to know more.
Opening Day Collections
As mentioned above, Maradona had 11 shows on its opening day. The film had a comparatively slower start on its opening day. According to a report by Forum Keralam, the movie managed to fetch approximately 1.87 Lakhs at an occupancy rate of 58%.
An Increase On The Second Day
Well, the collections increased on its second day at the Kochi multiplexes and, in fact, the film had 12 shows from Day 2 onwards. Reportedly, the Tovino Thomas starrer fetched 2.73 Lakhs at an impressive occupancy rate of 76%.
Statistics Courtesy: Forum Keralam
3 Days Collections
The third day was also impressive for Maradona, with the film registering a higher collection than the previous 2 days. According to a report by Forum Keralam, the film fetched 3.08 Lakhs on Sunday at an impressive occupancy rate of 85%. In total, the movie has fetched 7.69 Lakhs on its first weekend at the Kochi multiplexes, which are definitely good numbers.
The Way Ahead
The word of mouth is positive for the film and the steady rise in the collections suggests that Maradona has struck the right chords. At the same time, now the film has 13 shows/day at the Kochi multiplexes. Let us wait and see how the film will perform during the weekdays.