- When A Mohanlal Movie Was Played For The Bigg Boss Malayalam Contestants!
- Mohanlal Joins The Second Schedule Of His Next Big Project In Tamil!
- Prithviraj Speaks About Why There's Been A Huge Crowd On The Sets Of Lucifer!
- Mohanlal's Randamoozham: Director VA Shrikumar Menon Shares An Update!
- Mohanlal Starrer Odiyan's Refreshing New Poster Is A Must See!
- Mohanlal's Upcoming Big-budget Movies: The Release Details Are Out!
- Mohanlal-Prithviraj Team's Lucifer: The Location Video Will Give You Goosebumps!
- When Will Odiyan's Trailer Arrive? The Director Comes Up With A Clarification!
- Mohanlal Starrer Drama Will Hit The Theatres On A Special Day!
- Prithviraj's Ranam: Mohanlal Releases The Official Trailer Of The Movie!
- Is Mohanlal Essaying This Character In The Much-awaited Movie Lucifer?
- Mohanlal-Prithviraj Film Lucifer Will Be Worth The Wait And A Recent Post Suggests The Same!
Pulimurugan, the Mohanlal starrer that released in the year 2016 did etch a place for its own in the history of Malayalam cinema. Never before the industry did witness such a phenomena, that explored the feasibilities of Malayalam cinema at the worldwide box office. The result was positive as it went on to become the top grossing Malayalam movie of all time.
There are some interesting facts associated with the Mohanlal starrer. Interestingly, Mohanlal had acted in the film without any remuneration. It was during the 111 days celebration of the Dileep starrer Ramaleela that producer Tomichan Mulakupadon opened up about the same. Keep scrolling down to know more about the same..
Mohanlal’s Remuneration For Pulimurugan
While speaking at the function that was held in Kochi, Tomichan Mulakupadam, the producer of Pulimurugan stated that he gave Mohanlal the remuneration of the film only after 25 days of release of the movie.
The Budget Of Pulimurugan
Pulimurugan is considered to be the most expensive Malayalam movie till now. Tomichan Mulakupadam also added that the budget of Pulimurugan was three times than the expected amount. He stated that Mohanlal and Antony Perumbavoor had helped him a lot during those time. Mohanlal even allotted 200 days for the shoot of the movie and helped him financially during the shooting days.
The phenomenal Success
Well, it has to be said that the big effort that the entire team had put in for Pulimurugan did fetch them big results. The movie proudly introduced the 100-Crore club to the Malayalam film industry. Apart from that, Pulimurugan also did do a phenomenal business in the Telugu film industry.
Well, Mulakupadam Films have had a good time with the banner coming up with two big blockbusters. Pulimurugan crossed the 100-Crore club whereas the banner's most recent film Ramaleela too did cross the 50-Crore club at the worldwide box office. The banner's next film will also be directed by Arun Gopy and it would feature Pranav Mohanlal in the lead role.