- Malayalam Movies 2017 Box Office Report: The Hits Of The Year
- Villain Completes 50 Days Of Run In The Theatres!
- Box Office Chart (Nov 27 – Dec 3): Top 5 Movies Of The Week!
- Villain Box Office: The Mohanlal Starrer Finds A Place In This Top 5 List!
- Villain Box Office: 25 Days Kerala Collections
- Box Office Chart (Nov 06-12): Malayalam Movies Have A Dull Time!
- Villain Box Office: 17 Days Kerala Collections
- Villain Box Office: The Mohanlal Starrer Has Achieved Something Really Big!
- Box Office Chart (Oct 30 – Nov 5): Did Villain Pass The Big Test?
- Villain Box Office: 10 Days Kerala Collections
- Villain Box Office: First Week (7 Days) Kerala Collections!
- Villain & Other Malayalam Movies With Maximum Number Of Shows On Day 1!
Villain was one among the major releases of Mohanlal in the year 2017. The film, which rallied high on expectations was written & directed by B Unnikrishnan. The Mohanlal starrer had made a big release in the month of October 2017 and as expected, did get a huge opening at the box office.
At the same time, during the production stages of the film it was revealed that Villain will be simultaneously be dubbed into other languages as well. Along with Mohanlal, the film has the presence of some of the popular actors of other language insuatries as well. Now, according to the latest reports that have come in, the Tamil & Telugu versions of the movie are on their way. Read on to know more about the same.
The Tamil Version
The Tamil dubbed version of Villain has been titled as Mr. Villain and the poster of the same has been released. Popular Tamil actor Vishal also plays an important role in Villain, along with Mohanlal. Hansika Motwani is also a part of the cast list.
The Telugu Version
The poster of the Telugu version of Villain has also been released by the makers and it has been titled as Puli Joodham. Mohanlal movies do enjoy a huge market in Telugu speaking regions. The Telugu dubbed version of Puli Murugan, titled as Manyam Puli did do an astounding business out there.
Box Office Performance Of Villain
As mentioned above, the Mohanlal starrer Villain did get a grand opening in the theatres on its day 1. But later, mixed reviews started to pour in for the movie as the film's content turned out to be contrary to the expectations of the first day audiences. But, the film made a comeback in the later days with the backing of positive reviews and went on to do a decent business in the theatres.
The film might have received mixed reviews in the theatres but still, all were equivocal regarding Mohanlal's performance in the movie. His portrayal of Mathew Manjooran was well-appreciated by the audiences and the critics alike.