TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
Popular Malayalam Ghazal singer and music composer Umbayee passed away this evening (August 01, 2018) at a hospital in Aluva. According to the reports, Umbayee, who was 68 years old was undergoing a treatmeant for cancer. Reportedly, cremation will be held at 3:30 PM tomorrow (August 2, 2018)
Umbayee, whose original name was Ibrahim, hails from Mattancherry. Umbayee was one such singer who enjoyed a huge fan base of his own. He etched a place of his own in the hearts of all Ghazal lovers in Kerala with the excellent Ghazal renditions of some of the evergreen Malayalam songs as well as some music albums, which is still loved by one and all.
Some of his popular music albums include Ghazalmala, Hrudayaraham, Mehboob, Orikkal Nee Paranju, Akale Mounam Pol, Madhuramee Gaanam, etc. He has also worked with poet ONV Kurup and the work of Paaduka Saigaal Paaduka gained wide attention and recognition.
Umbayee has also donned the hat of a music director in the Jayaram starrer Novel, which had hit the theatres in the year 2008. He had composed the song Urangan Urangan Neeyenikku, which was sung by Yesudas. The song had emerged as a hit. Apart from that, he was a part of John Abraham's movie Amma Ariyan, as his voice was used in the film.