TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
Popular Malayalam Ghazal singer and music composer Umbayee passed away this evening (August 01, 2018) at a hospital in Aluva. According to the reports, Umbayee, who was 68 years old was undergoing a treatmeant for cancer. Reportedly, cremation will be held at 3:30 PM tomorrow (August 2, 2018)
Umbayee, whose original name was Ibrahim, hails from Mattancherry. Umbayee was one such singer who enjoyed a huge fan base of his own. He etched a place of his own in the hearts of all Ghazal lovers in Kerala with the excellent Ghazal renditions of some of the evergreen Malayalam songs as well as some music albums, which is still loved by one and all.
Some of his popular music albums include Ghazalmala, Hrudayaraham, Mehboob, Orikkal Nee Paranju, Akale Mounam Pol, Madhuramee Gaanam, etc. He has also worked with poet ONV Kurup and the work of Paaduka Saigaal Paaduka gained wide attention and recognition.
Umbayee has also donned the hat of a music director in the Jayaram starrer Novel, which had hit the theatres in the year 2008. He had composed the song Urangan Urangan Neeyenikku, which was sung by Yesudas. The song had emerged as a hit. Apart from that, he was a part of John Abraham's movie Amma Ariyan, as his voice was used in the film.