TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Sreekumaran Thampi, the veteran film-maker, writer, lyricist and producer has been adjudged as the winner of this year's JC Daniel Award, which is the highest award in Malayalam cinema, presented by the Kerala Chalachithra Academy.
In a career that has crossed over 5 decades, Sreekumaran Thampi, who is a multi-talented film personality has made immense contribution to the field of Malayalam cinema.
Sreekumaran Thampi entered the film industry in the year 1966 as a songwriter and later went on to establish his presence in the various aspects of film-making. He ventured to direction in the 1970s and went on to helm a number of movies, featuring the legends of Malayalam cinema. Most of his films were big successes at the box office.
Apart from being a screenwriter and a director, he has produced above 25 Malayalam movies as well. Sreekumaran Thampi is also a recipent of the Kerala State Film Awards.
The winner of the JC Daniel Film Award will get a prize money of Rs 5 Lakh along with a citation. The award will be presented to the winner while the distribution of the Kerala State Film Awards.