- Past To Present: Who Can Replace Mammootty, Suhasini & Rahman If Koodevide Is Remade Now?
- Heroines Are Just Props Now, Sushasni's Comments Raises A Debate
- BOX OFFICE: Darshan's Viraat Encashes 4 Crore On Day 1
- Viraat Movie Review: Darshan All The Way!
- Viraat Movie Review By Audience: Dedicated To Darshan Fans!
- RELEASED: 'Annange Love Agidhe' Song From Yash's Masterpiece
Suhasini Mani Ratnam is one among those very few actresses who has made an impact in the film industries of all the four South Indian languages. In Malayalam, she has done over 20 films so far and she has won two Kerala State Film Awards. The actress is celebrating her birthday today (August 15) and on this special day we take you through the 2 award-winning performances of the actress in Malayalam.
Suhasini won her first Best Actress award at the Kerala State Film Awards for her performance in the film Ezhuthappurangal. The film, directed by Sibi Malayil, had hit the theatres in the year 1987 and it had narrated a women-centric tale. It narrated the tales of three women, portrayed by Suhasini, Ambika and Parvathy.
Suhasini portrayed a character named Rajalakshmi and her powerful performance in the film was much noted and she fetched her first big award.
Later, in the year 2001, Suhasini won her second Kerala State Film Award for the film Theerthadanam. The movie that featured Jayaram in the lead role narrated the tale of the reunion of a teacher and a student after three decades. Suhasini portrayed a character named Vinodini and her portrayal of the elder version of the character garnered her a lot of praises.