TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
It was in the year 2013 that this Mohanlal starrer had hit the theatres. The film, which hit the theatres during the Christmas season of that year, went on to introduce the coveted 50-Crore club in the Malayalam film industry. Yes, we are talking about the Mohanlal starrer Drishyam, the Malayalam movie directed by Jeethu Joseph, which enjoys a cult fan following.
Drishyam did set some big records at the box office and later, the Mohanlal starrer also etched a place of its own in the list of the Malayalam movies, which have been remade in a good number of other languages. Drishyam got remade in various other languages like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, etc.
Meanwhile, Drishyam has pocketed yet another record and that too in a different way. Interestingly, the film got a Sri Lankan remake as well with the title Dharmayuddhaya and reportedly, the movie had emerged as a huge success at the box office.
Most recently, a success celebration of the movie was held and Jeethu Joseph, who had written and helmed the original version, had attended the function. The film-maker took to his official Facebook page to share a few stills from the function and also made an announcement that the film has turned out to be the highest grosser of a remake movie in Sri Lanka till date.
Take a look at the Facebook post of Jeethu Joseph...