TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
National Award winning cinematographer Venu, who directed the acclaimed movie Daya, is back with an exceptional thriller, Munnariyippu. Mammootty plays the central character C K Raghavan in the movie; while Aparna gopinath plays the female lead. Munnariyippu is produced by director Ranjith and friends under the banner Gold Coin Motion Pictures.
Anjali Arackal (Aparna Gopinath), a young enthusiastic freelance journalist, interviews jail superintendent Rama Moorthy (Nedumudi Venu) for writing an autobiography. During the visit, she comes across C K Raghavan (Mammootty), an ex-convict who lives in the jail even after completing his imprisonment period.
Anjali, who becomes curious about Raghavan, reads his diary and publishes it in the media. The news get instantly popular and gains public attention; as a result Raghavan is forced to leave the jail. Anjali makes use of this opportunity to know more Raghavan and finds out that, he was innocent in the case for which he got the life imprisonment. This leads Anjali to join hands with him to find out the real culprits.
Cast and Performance
Mammootty delivers his best performance in recent times and excels as C K Raghavan. The movie can be doubtlessly quoted as the great comeback of Mammootty after a big series of flop movies. Aparna Gopinath proves her mettle as an actress with the meaty role, Anjali Arackal and once again proves that she is here to stay.
Script and Direction
The script penned by Unni R is flawless and engaging. It can be coined as one of the best scripts of recent times. The biggest surprise element of the movie is the extra-ordinary climax, which is really haunting.
Venu, who made a comeback into direction after a long gap of 15 years, proves his directorial skills through this movie.
The cinematography is handled by Venu himself and the editing is done by his wife, popular editor Beena Paul.
The visuals are stunning and completely creates the mood for a perfect thriller. Beena Paul's effective editing makes the movie look fit with out any irrelavant scenes or slow pace.
Songs and Background Score
Bijibal excells in the music; especially in the background score. The background score completes the mood of the movie and makes the plot more appealing.
A must watch movie recommended for the movie lovers.