- Nagara Varidhi Naduvil Njan: Viewers Expectations
- Mammootty & Sreenivasan To Share The Screen Space In An Upcoming Political Movie!
- Aravindante Adhithikal Review: A Decent Film That Serves Well To The Family Audiences!
- Before Aravindante Athidhikal: When Sreenivasan & Vineeth Sreenivasan Appeared In The Same Movie!
- Sathyan Anthikkad-Sreenivasan Team's Next Movie To Get A New Title!
- Fahadh Faasil To Star In Sreenivasan-Sathyan Anthikad Team's Next Movie!
Nagara Varidhi Naduvil Njan is the directed by Shibu Balan, which stars Sreenivasan and Sangitha in the lead roles. The movies penned by Sreenivasan revolves around a major social issue and a common man's efforts to solve the issues. Nagara Varidhi Naduvil Njan is produced by E4 Entertainments.
Venugopal is an NRI who returns back to Kerala after 25 years. He lives with his wife Sunitha and daughter. Venu's daughter is a brilliant student and aspires to become a doctor. Venu starts working as an apartment security. He tries hard to find money for his daughter's education; but fails.
Venu then decides to sell his property which lies in the center of the town; but soon realizes that his propertyis now a pile of waste being disposed by the residential people there. How he overcomes this crisis forms the rest of the story.
Cast and Performance
Sreenivasan is at his usual best as Venugopal. Sangitha, who makes a comeback with movie, shines as Sunitha and played her part well. Rest of the cast, including Innocent, Lal, Vijayaraghavan, Manoj K Jayan and Joy Mathew are also good in their respective characters.
Script and Direction
The script penned by Sreenivasan deals with a major social issue; which is commendable. But the script fails to execute the theme in an appropriate way; thus making the movie end up as a half-baked drama.
Debutante director Shibu Balan fails to impress with the movie; as he did not succeeded in making the movie with the usual charm of Sreenivasan movies.
Pappu and Sameer Haq's cinematography is above average. Ranjan Abraham's editing is fine.
Music and Background Score
Govind Menon's songs doesn't reach expectations. Background score by Ouseppachan fails to impress.
A movie which conveys a socially relevant theme; but fails to convince.