- Officer Effect? Akhil Akkineni Rubbishes Reports Of Him Collaborating With Ram Gopal Varma
- Officer Box Office Report: Nagarjuna’s Film Opens On A Poor Note In The US
- Ram Gopal Varma's Latest Remarks About Nagarjuna Are Quite Surprising
- Sri Reddy Controversy: Ram Gopal Varma Comes Up With A Shocking Revelation!
- Ram Gopal Varma Shares A Throwback Picture With Sridevi!
- Sridevi Was An Unhappy Woman; Was Penniless When Boney Kapoor Came To Her Life: RGV's Open Letter
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Ram Gopal Varma's Sholay gets more and more colourful and controversial with every passing day. The latest addition to its already exuberant oeuvre of casting coups is the happening Abhishek Bachchan who joins the Sholay team in a very special appearance.
Abhishek will dance and lip-sync Ganesh Hedge's version of R.D. Burman's Mehbooba o mehbooba while Urmila will groove to the funky tune. The senior Bachchan , playing Gabbar, will watch the flamboyant razzmatazz.
In the original Sholay Helen danced, Jalal Agha crooned and Amjad Khan looked on. Abhishek will therefore play Jalal Agha's part. Says the excited director Ram Gopal Varma, "Abhishek is delighted to step into the cameo. If you remember he was originally cast as Veeru (the part that Mohit Ahlawat later took up). But he had to beg off due to date problems. When Abhishek heard Ganesh Hegde's track he immediately offered to perform in the song with Urmila. He's really excited about it. He himself volunteered to do it."
Urmila who played Abhishek's Bhabhi in Anupam Kher's Om Jai Jagdish is very excited about having both the Bachchans together for her dance.
Adds Ramu, "The primary difference between the other Amitabh-Abhishek songs like Kajra re (Bunty Aur Babli) and Rock'n'roll Soniye (Kabhi Alvidaa Na Kehna) is that the father and son have been highly interactive in these songs. In my film they might not even look at one another."