TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chandrababu Naidu Meets Mamata Banerjee: Efforts For Anti-BJP Front
- Oppo India: Teases New Smartphone Range
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Anushka Sharma: Unveils Her Madame Tussauds Wax Statue!
- Healthy Ways To Improve Your Daily Tea
- Latest Lowest Personal Loan Interest Rates
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
- How Dovizioso won a red-flagged Race!
Jalandhar (UNI): Danish singer Anita Lerche today released her first Punjabi music album 'Heer from Denmark' here. This for the first time that a European singer has come to Punjab to release his or her Punjabi songs' album, the fact best described in the introductory song of the album itself. The introductory number 'Gori's' lyrics mean that till now Punjabi crooners and shakers had been visiting the West to make people dance to their tunes with beats of Dhol, but now it is the other way round as a Western (Danish) singer has come to make Punjabis shake their legs to her tunes and rhythm.
The album contains 9 songs. One of them is the legendary song 'Heer' written by Warish Shah - sung in the indian classical singing style. The rest of the songs are written especially for Anita and are in the style of Punjabi pop with lots of good rhythms for dancing. The song 'Goddess' is composed and written in English by Anita herself. Besides 'Gori', 'Heer' and 'Goddess', the album also has six other numbers -- Mallomali, Koka, Nacha Lai, Mela, Passport and Classic remix. The music in the album is a mixture of traditional Punjab folk, Punjabi pop and Western music.