TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Kochi (UNI): Veteran musician M K Arjunan Master has been selected for the first 'Raveendra Puraskar,' instituted in memory of late Malayalam music director Raveendran. Instituted by the Raveendra Music Trust, the award carries a citation, plaque and a cash prize of Rs 10,000. The prize would be presented to Arjunan by playback singer K J Yesudas here today, Trust officials told a press conference here yesterday.
The Trust was formed to perpetuate the style of Raveendran whose semi-classical film songs turned out to be all-time hits. Besides the annual award and the Raveendra music festival for the upcoming singers, the Trust is also planning to set up a music college, trustee G Satheeshkumar said. Arjunan Master is a veteran music director of the golden era of Malayalam cinema, churning out a number of super hits.