TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chennai: Schools And Colleges Shut For 48 Hours After Heavy Rain Alert
- The Jio Effect: Telcos May Discontinue Free Incoming Call Facility
- Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh's Bengaluru Reception Pictures
- Mahindra Alturas G4 Review First Drive — The Benchmark For Future Mahindra SUVs?
- Want An Easy To Ace Yet The Most Eye-catching Airport Look? — Take Cues From Anushka Sharma
- All About The Spectacular Buddha Park In Ravangla
- 1st T20I: Australia Beats India By 4 Runs
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Friday, October 27, 2006
As a journalist, one has attended innumerable parties over the decades. You have sweet memories of some. Most of them are as forgettable as the potholes during monsoons.
The music launch of Baabul on Thursday, 26th October, which coincided with the 50 years of B.R. Films, can easily rank amongst the Top 10 parties of all times. Surely, the event, chock-a-block with celebrities and the crème de la crème of the entertainment industry, was not one of those routine parties. In fact, it was the mother of all events! The music launch witnessed Dilip Kumar releasing the music, but before the honors, the principal cast of Baabul [Big B, Hema Malini, Salman Khan, Rani Mukherji and John Abraham] walked the ramp, displaying the Baabul look by designers such as Akbar of Gabbana, Neeta Lulla, Alvira Khan Agnihotri, Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Narendra Kumar.
That's not all, the promos of the songs were screened to the elite gathering and must say, the music [Adesh Shrivastava] is indeed tuneful. The formal announcement of G.I.F.A. Awards, to be held in Malaysia in December [Baabul will be premiered here], was also made on the occasion.