TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chennai: Schools And Colleges Shut For 48 Hours After Heavy Rain Alert
- The Jio Effect: Telcos May Discontinue Free Incoming Call Facility
- Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh's Bengaluru Reception Pictures
- Mahindra Alturas G4 Review First Drive — The Benchmark For Future Mahindra SUVs?
- Want An Easy To Ace Yet The Most Eye-catching Airport Look? — Take Cues From Anushka Sharma
- All About The Spectacular Buddha Park In Ravangla
- 1st T20I: Australia Beats India By 4 Runs
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Bhushan Kumar, the head honcho of T- Series is all set to launch another music label which will be called YBR Records Ltd. This label will target all non-filmi songs except devotional songs. Radhika Rao and Vinay Sapru, who had directed the Salman starrer, Lucky- No Time For Love, will be the CEO and Creative directors of the label.
The albums under the YBR label will be priced higher than the albums sold under the T-Series label. It will be an up market label. T - Series will have individual artists in this label and are also planning to launch English songs on this label. The label is expected to be launched this month.
We spoke to Bhushan Kumar about the move and he replied, "Yes we are launching YBR label. T- Series caters to movies and devotional songs. There are hardly any individual albums that we launch for artists. We will launch this to promote individual artists".
Asked as to why the label will be a little highly priced as compared to a T Series album, he replied, "In T-Series we sell a devotional album for Rs 50, because everyone wants to buy it. Here it will be exclusive because people have different tastes." He also said "We plan to launch many individual stars, many existing stars and also we plan to get in international artists. We will also launch Hollywood titles on DVD's and VCD's under this label. This label will be managed by me along with a new team. Also we are looking at celebrity management and artist management under this label. So it will be a mix of both. This is something different from what T- Series has done so far and it will be a positive move for the music industry to promote talent."
Another feather in the cap for this great vision man called Bhushan Kumar.