TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Will Rafale Deal Be Probed? — Supreme Court To Decide Today
- Why Is December A Good Month To Invest In Stock Markets?
- Nissan Kicks Review — Should You Buy The Latest Five-Seater SUV From Nissan?
- IPL Auction 2019 — These Five Players May Be Sold For A High Price
- Shahrukh Breaks Silence On His Film With Salman Khan And Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Mumbai And Its Vintage Parsi Cafes
- Can Meditation Enhance Creativity?
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Panaji, (UNI): Famous European pop group Boney M, which created waves all over the world in the 1970s, arrived here yesterday evening to perform today as part of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) celebrations.
The group now led by husband-wife duo of Marcia Barrettes and Marcuis James have chosen numbers from their new album 'Coming to Life' besides some of the old favourite hits for the concert.
Addressing a press conference here, Maria said they were very excited to be in India again, and look forward to a thrilling evening.
Maria is the only one from the original band in the group who has come here.
The orginal Boney M was a Euro dance, pop and disco group masterminded by German Record producer Frank Farian in the seventies.
Frank Farian recorded the single "Baby Do You Wanna Bump?" in 1975, doing vocals of the song himself.
Released under the name Boney M, the number became a hit in the Netherlands and Belgium. Then Farian hired a team of dancers and vocalists to 'front' the group. They were West Indian artists working in London, Germany and the Netherlands-- singers Marcia Barrett and Liz Mitchell, model Maizie Williams, and DJ Bobby Farrell.
However, the line-up of the group has gone through numerous changes over the period.