- Sufi Singer Pyare Lal Wadali Dies Of Heart Attack
- Aww! Shahrukh Has The Sweetest Message For Salman Khan's PRDP
- Hema Malini Injured In Car Accident: A Girl Child Gets Killed
- Bollywood Celebs Spotted: Bipasha Basu, Vidya Balan & More
- Varun Dhawan: Bollywood Celebs Wish Happy Birthday!
- John Abraham And Celebs Spotted At Airport
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Panaji, (UNI): Famous European pop group Boney M, which created waves all over the world in the 1970s, arrived here yesterday evening to perform today as part of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) celebrations.
The group now led by husband-wife duo of Marcia Barrettes and Marcuis James have chosen numbers from their new album 'Coming to Life' besides some of the old favourite hits for the concert.
Addressing a press conference here, Maria said they were very excited to be in India again, and look forward to a thrilling evening.
Maria is the only one from the original band in the group who has come here.
The orginal Boney M was a Euro dance, pop and disco group masterminded by German Record producer Frank Farian in the seventies.
Frank Farian recorded the single "Baby Do You Wanna Bump?" in 1975, doing vocals of the song himself.
Released under the name Boney M, the number became a hit in the Netherlands and Belgium. Then Farian hired a team of dancers and vocalists to 'front' the group. They were West Indian artists working in London, Germany and the Netherlands-- singers Marcia Barrett and Liz Mitchell, model Maizie Williams, and DJ Bobby Farrell.
However, the line-up of the group has gone through numerous changes over the period.