TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Friday, April 07, 2006
Hyderabad (UNI): Indian Idol 2 finalist N C Karunya, is currently on a two-day visit to his hometown here after five months in Mumbai to rustle up support for the final showdown. Two finalists of Indian Idol 2, Karunya and Sandeep of Bikaner were given the opportunity to visit their family, friends, fans and loved ones for their blessings and well wishes.
Moments after he reached Hyderabad yesterday morning, Karunya witnessed frenzy and craziness from his family and friends. He performed live at the Lal Bahadur stadium here last night. Speaking to media here today, few hours before he could leave for Mumbai for the final showdown, Karunya appealed to the people to watch the show and vote for him in Sony TV's popular reality show, Indian Idol.
He said the judges on the panel always appreciated his work and were very supportive. ''I am thrilled the way I am getting support from the judges and co-participants, but to win the contest I need peoples' support. I always got less votes and I am clueless why it is happening. I want to be in the competition and win it,'' Karunya said. He said he was practicing music since the age of three. ''I have come from a family which is very much attached to music. I want to win the contest and bring good name for my family and to reach the ladder of success in life,'' he added.
Karunya said he met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Raja Sekhara Reddy, who assured him that would help in increasing the viewership of the Indian Idol reality programme. He said he also got a pat from Telugu film hero Nagarjuna. Asked who was the best according to him in the contest, Karunya said it was a difficult question. However, he said Manali Thakur and Amey Date were the best.