TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Ananth Kumar Passes Away: PM Narendra Modi Flies Down To Bangalore
- Here Are all The Upcoming Smartphone Launches For The Month Of November 2018
- Maruti Electric Cars From E-Trio Automobiles: Electric Alto And WagonR
- Nick Jonas Bachelor's Party: New Pictures Emerge
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- ICC rankings: Kuldeep, Dhawan & Hafeez Move Up The Charts
Thursday, September 28, 2006
The super hit song 'Mere Angne Mein' from the film Laawaris was a superhit all over the world. People everywhere in the world enjoyed the song. But not many people know about how the song was composed.
Amitabh Bachchan had become very popular post Zanjeer. It made him a superstar over night. Zanjeer was given to Amitabh Bachan by Prakash Mehra. The story goes that when Amitabh Bachchan had just become successful, people started labeling him 'Lambu'. Once when he had gone to a college function, he was finding it weird being called Lambu because of his height. An emotional Amitabh Bachchan made a statement in front of the college that everyone in the world is born for a reason and will go after the purpose is served. Physical appearance has nothing to do with it. And just after he made such a statement, he started singing the song 'Mere Angne Mein' in order to make the mood light after such a heavy statement he passed.
The song became so popular that in every stage show along with the music director Kalyanji Anandji, Amitabh used to perform this song. Prakash Mehra, the director of Laawaris was so impressed with the song, he decided to incorporate the song in the film and hence the gem was produced. Great products definitely have a unique beginning.