TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Imphal (UNI): Manipur's melody king Nongthombam Pahari passed away last evening after a brief illness at his Imphal residence. The 73-year-old singer passed away around 1745 hrs. He was also the founder member of the United National Liberation Front (UNLF) and he was imprisoned for three years. In 1972 general amnesty was extended to him by the government. He started working as an employee and was the Station director of AIR, Imphal, Kohima, DDK Imphal. He also contested elections after retirement.
The final rites of the noted singer were performed today at the local crematorium which was attended by a large numbers of people. He had more than 500 songs to his credit and was extremely popular for popularising Manipuri modern songs in Manipur. The Lamyanba Pakhang and other organisations condoled the death of N Pahari.