TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Imphal (UNI): Manipur's melody king Nongthombam Pahari passed away last evening after a brief illness at his Imphal residence. The 73-year-old singer passed away around 1745 hrs. He was also the founder member of the United National Liberation Front (UNLF) and he was imprisoned for three years. In 1972 general amnesty was extended to him by the government. He started working as an employee and was the Station director of AIR, Imphal, Kohima, DDK Imphal. He also contested elections after retirement.
The final rites of the noted singer were performed today at the local crematorium which was attended by a large numbers of people. He had more than 500 songs to his credit and was extremely popular for popularising Manipuri modern songs in Manipur. The Lamyanba Pakhang and other organisations condoled the death of N Pahari.