TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Friday, October 06, 2006
Popular singer Roop Kumar Rathod who specializes in the ghazal genre makes his radio debut as the host of a classic new show on Radio City 91 FM, Mumbai - 'Shaam-E-Ghazal'' - an interesting blend of unplugged ghazals, mushairas and 'live on-air' performance by the expert himself.
Apart from playing famous ghazals, the show would also look at reviving ghazal listening and giving a new dimension to it. Listeners would also be able to hear the maestro cite examples of shayaris & ghazals and explain the nuances, meanings of relevant words and difficult phrases in his shayarana style.
Roop Kumar Rathod puts it, "For the first time in the history of FM radio, a show is completely dedicated to ghazals. I am happy that finally somebody has taken the lead to give this genre the much needed recognition. The concept of the show is unique and exciting. I am thrilled!"