TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Jaipur (UNI): Music makes him rock. Melody has churned millions for him. Yet Bikaner's heartthrob and Indian Idol 2, Sandeep Acharya, remains grounded. Sandeep, who's just 21, says '' My friends and family are obviously happy for me but they always caution not to forget my roots and not to lose my focus. They always remind me not to lose my sense of self and pride.'' Sandeep was here in the city today to unveil his debut album with Sony BMG 'Mere Saath Saara Jahaan'. The album featuring eight tracks will hit the music stores on May 25. The lead song of the album Mere Saath Saara Jahaan has been composed by Sandeep Chowta and penned by Sameer. The video has been directed by Ruchi Narain, who won a Filmfare for Best Screenplay for Hazaaron Khwahishein Aisi.
Of his debut album, Sandeep says, ''The release of my debut album is a dream come true for me. Being an Indian Idol is an honour in itself but having my own album with my own video is a real high for me. But what makes me happy is the love and support, which people across India have bestowed on me. I am happy that I have made my family and my state proud.'' Originally from Bikaner, Sandeep used to frequent Mumbai to visit his aunt and then his guruji Ratandeep Hemraj in Santacruz. He trained and enriched himself in Indian classical music, but also carried on his MSc studies from Bikaner University's Dungar College.
One of the major reasons for his winning the Indian Idol 2 was the overwhelming support in form of SMSs he recived from Bikaner. Sandeep, while acknowledging the love and support of Bikaner, says. ''Whenever I visit Bikaner, people are out there to greet me. I am treated like a superstar-the love I receive there is overwhelming and I am thankful to the city.'