TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
LONDON(Reuters): ''Inside Man'', a hard-hitting thriller starring Denzel Washington and Clive Owen, zoomed straight to the UK box office charts, Screen International said. The heist film revolves around a cat and mouse game between a bank robber (Owen) and a New York cop (Washington). It also stars Jodie Foster, who plays an intermediary with her own agenda.
''Inside Man'' grossed 1.81 million pounds at its opening weekend. Horror film ''Hostel'', directed by Eli Roth and starring Jay Hernandez, made its debut at number two, grossing 1.2 million pounds, Screen International said yesterday. The film follows two American backpackers, played by Hernandez and Derek Richardson, on a journey to eastern Europe that leads to them being drugged and sold to an organisation catering to jaded millionaires' sick fantasies. ''The Pink Panther'' dropped from number one to third place, while futuristic terrrorist drama ''V for Vendetta'' came in at number four.
Comedy ''The Ringer'', in fifth place, was another newcomer to the top 10. ''The Hills Have Eyes'', ''Syriana'', ''Walk the Line'', ''Dale Movie'' and ''Chicken Little'' made up the rest of the chart.
Weekend US box office update
Randy Quaid sues