TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Vishal-Shekhar has replaced A R Rahman for Farah Khan's forthcoming film Om Shanti Om, which is being produced under Shah Rukh Khan's banner, Red Chillies Entertainment. It is said that Shah Rukh is not happy with the tunes that Rahman had composed. It is also believed that Rahman demanded a huge amount as his fee which director Farah refused to pay. However Rahman has a different story to say. According to him, Shah Rukh and he never had any problems regarding his compositions. The reason he opted out of this film was that Rahman wanted the music rights to stay with the Composer and the Lyricist along with the producer, something which Farah and Shah Rukh Khan didn't agree with. However, Rahman succeeded in getting a share of the publishing rights for Aamir Khan's next film, directed by Abbas Tyrewalla.
Speaking about Om Shanti Om music director Vishal Dadlani said, "Farah has approved five tunes for Om Shanti Om. We have worked with her on Jingles for the past two years so we share a great comfort level working with her. Hence, when she asked us if we would like to do the music of her next film, we agreed instantly. We are putting in our full energy in this film. We are going to create some awesome tracks, which have never been heard before." When asked about replacing A. R Rahman, Vishal said "Yes, we knew that Rahman was initially going to do the music but due to some reason the deal didn't work out. But, as you know, both I and Shekhar are big fans of Rahman ourselves and have no connection with this episode."