TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Sunil Noronha
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
If you've caught the promo of producer Sajid Nadiadwala's film Heyy Baby, you'll know what I am talking about. The promo has Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh and Fardeen Khan complaining about women. It shows that in the film they all get overawed by actress Vidya Balan. But if you have a sharp ear then you will notice is from a well-known song.
The base line, the rhythm, the strumming ...I had the song on the tip of my tongue before I got it right. The song is a clean lift of "This Love" by US band Maroon Five. Earlier we had a case of Himesh Reshammiya lifting off a Nokia ring tone - but not much noise has been made about it. Other cases are Pretty Woman in Kal Ho Na Ho, A Shankar Ehsaan Loy composition. It was exactly like the orignal.
Of course it was nothing like the Roy Orbison orignal version but seriously are our music directors void of any creativity at all or should we look deeper for composers who are capable of actually composing their own tunes rather than blatantly lifting it off Western music songs.
If you really like the song, atleast do it the right way guys. Give the credit to the people who went through the pain of actually composing the much better done orignals. The film has a number of star special appearances in the form of Malaika Arora, Shamita Shetty, Dia Mirza, Amrita Rao, Neha Dhupia, and many more hotties.