TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Will Not Feature An In-display Fingerprint Sensor
- Sisupalgarh Near Bhubaneswar – The Fort Built Before The Common Era
- How To Give Your Bedroom A Makeover
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Storms Out When Asked About #MeToo; Leaves Everyone Shocked With Her Action
- Mahindra Marazzo Receives 10,000 Bookings Within A Month — Waiting Period Now Six Weeks
- India Vs West Indies: Probable India XI For 1st ODI In Guwahati
- Gold Demand Weakens Amid Festivities As Prices Hit Over 2-Year High
Several Bollywood personalities including Jaya Bachchan, Shabana Azmi, singers Pritam and Shreya Ghoshal paid respect to the late Assamese singer and music-composer Bhupen Hazarika at a prayer meet in Mumbai on Tuesday, December 27th.
The meet was organised at the Regency Apartment in Lokhandwala in suburban Andheri, Mumbai where Hazarika used to stay. The legendary singer-composer passed away on November 5 due to multi-organ failure at a hospital in the city.
Singers Sunidhi Chauhan and Shreya Ghoshal performed on Hazarika's various popular numbers, including 'Dil Hoom Hoom Kare' and 'Ganga'. Besides these Bollywood celebrities, many others including eminent vocalist Ghulam Mustafa Khan, adman-lyricist Prasoon Joshi, singers Hema Sardesai and Ila Arun and bhajan maestro Anup Jalota came here to remember Hazarika.
Speaking to PTI, Jaya Bachchan said, "It would be wrong to remember Bhupenda just as a singer. He was a multi-faceted person." Veteran actress Shabana Azmi said, “For Bhupen, his singing and verses were his life and he always believed in using them as a medium to bring about a change in the society."