TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
By: Sunil Noronha
Friday, February 24, 2006
The hottest Music Awards in the United Kingdom has shifted focus solely on Indie music. This year the new and upcoming broods of musicians from the nation were given an upper hand in the yearly recognition of the nations musical achievements. This brood is represented by James Blunt-Ex Army officer, Kaiser Chiefs- Indie Stars and singer/songwriter KT Tunstall. In the same list figures Arctic Monkeys.
A lot of success that the music industry has experienced is because of this group. The initiator is Coldplay who opened the door through which they all got their breaks. Statistics wise, overall record/album/CD sales have plummeted modestly being 2.7 percent less than last year. The British music industry/market stand third in line behind Japan and the United States. Credit goes by large to the people who sponsor and fund these upcoming, unheard of, new groups/artistes.