TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
New York (Reuters): Colombian bombshell Shakira led the field with six Latin Grammy nominations on Tuesday including record of the year and album of the year. The Latin Recording Academy announced the nominations in New York yesterday. The seventh annual awards will be presented on November two.
Shakira, known for combining various Latin and Middle Eastern rhythms, also was nominated for best female pop vocal album for ''Fijacion Oral Vol. 1,'' best engineered album, best short video, and song of the year, an award for songwriting, for ''La Tortura.'' Ricardo Arjona of Guatemala was nominated for record of the year, song of the year and best male pop vocal album for ''Adentro.'' Puerto Rican group Calle 13 won nominations for best new artist and best urban music album. Lena of Cuba won nominations for best new artist and song the year.