TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nagrota Attack: Free Run For Terrorists
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- Launch Alert: Huawei Mate 20 Pro To Launch On 27th November
- Deepika And Ranveer Bangalore Reception: All You Need To Know!
- F1 Raceweek: Alonso Farewell Looms
- Typhus - Causes, Symptoms And Prevention
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Melbourne(UNI) A guitar would probably have been more appropriate in the hands of Grammy winner Tom Jones' grandson but Alex Woodward opted for rifles and he will be gunning for his share of glory in the Full Bore Shooting event in the ongoing Commonwealth Games here. The 22-year-old Welsh lad is already getting noticed because of his grandfather who shot to fame in the mid-1960s with his tight breeches and billowing shirts.However, the 1965 Grammy winner, who rendered ''Thunderball'', the theme for the 1965 James Bond movie, will not be around to see his grandson compete in the shooting range as he is slated to receive knighthood from the Queen at Buckingham Palace.
Alex, however, made it clear that it would be rather better not to have his celebrated grandfather around, for that could be a distration and can even affect his performance. Alex began shooting at Bradfield College and there he captained the school team and was picked to tour Canada with the Athelings in 2001. Alex was also the full bore captain of the University of London Rifle Club before making his way to the Welsh National Team. However, matching the popularity of his grandfather, who has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6608 Hollywood Boulevard, would be asking for the moon.