TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ll saluted the Beatles on Sunday with a special personal message commemorating the 50th anniversary of the legendary band's beginnings. She noted the anniversary "with much pleasure" and sent "my best wishes to all concerned for a most enjoyable and successful occasion."
The historic moment that led to the formation of the Beatles occurred on Saturday when a 16-year-old John Lennon met a just- turned-15 Paul MCCartney at a church garden fete in Liverpool. The message from Her Majesty the Queen was sent to the people of Liverpool who gathered at the site for a re-creation of the original event. Beatles scholar Martin Lewis, who received the message from Her Majesty, said, "This anniversary marks a momentous occasion in popular culture that literally changed the world. Without Lennon meeting MCCartney we would not have had the Beatles as we know them.