TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Washington (ANI): Some of Britney Spears old pals are calling for fans to boycott the singer"s new album 'Blackout" – at least until she gets her life back on track.
The group, which also includes a bodyguard, backup dancer and makeup artist who have worked with the singer, is asking fans through their MySpace-based page not to buy Britney"s stuff till she gets control of her spiralling life.
"Our message is simple. Don't buy her stuff until she's better," E!Online quoted one of them, as saying.
"We've all hung out with Britney a lot. We've seen her at her best and at her worst. And we aren't doing this to be mean.
"We're doing this out of concern, for herself and for her boys. They need a mother figure and right now, they don't have that."
The group also accuses Britney"s record label Jive of turning a blind eye to her erratic behaviour because she continues to make them money.
"They can see she's in pain, and they don't care," says the source.
The new site is asking fans to contact Jive, MTV, her management team and her music publishing house.
"Let them know you'll buy her album, but not until she is clean and sober and realizes the amazing life she has created for herself..." they state on their website.
"Let them know you'll be around to buy her music, her merchandise, when she sets a better example of how to be a performer...It is every employer's job to make sure their staff is doing their job to the best of their abilities.
"They let her act any way she wants, as long as her records sell. Every time she's on a tabloid for embarrassing herself or being a bad mom, what do they care? They don't.
"And it's sad that people around Britney care so little about someone who makes them so much money."