TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Jessica Simpson's father reportedly wants to save Britney Spears' career. Joe Simpson, who manages both his daughters Jessica and Ashlee, is considering helping Britney following her wild partying and spell in rehab. Joe, a former Baptist minister, even attempted to meet Britney last weekend in a bid to convince her to hire him.
A source told the New York Daily News newspaper: "While some might fear a diva-like rivalry between Jessica and Britney, Jessica would be OK with the arrangement and even offered to put out a call to Britney, as the two are no longer competitors." Jessica and Ashlee are clearly happy having their father as a manager. The 'Dukes of Hazzard' actress recently bought Joe a Ferrari to say thank you for all his hard work, while Ashlee called her dad "a wonderful man" in a recent interview. Britney was blasted by her own father last week. James Spears wrote an open e-mail to her former manager Larry Rudolph - who the singer fired on April 13 - apologising for Britney's behaviour and thanking him for all he tried to do for his daughter.
James wrote: "When Larry Rudolph talked Britney into going into rehab, he was doing what her mother, father and team of professionals with over 100 years of experience knew needed to be done. She was out of control. Larry was the one chosen by the team to roll up his sleeves and deliver the message, to help save her life. "The Spears family would like to publicly apologise to Larry for our daughter's statements about him over the past few weeks. Unfortunately, she blames him and her family for where she is at today with her kids and career. Larry has always been there for Britney. For this, we will forever be grateful to him." Jessica's representative Cindi Berger has denied Joe tried to contact Britney to arrange a meeting.