- Britney Spears Newly Launched Perfume Makes Women Feel Empowered
- My 20s Were Horrible, Says Britney Spears
- Biopic On Britney Spears Is On The Cards
- Britney Spears Almost Drowned While Vacationing In Hawaii
- Britney Spears Prefers Katy Perry Over Taylor Swift
- Hilarious! Check Out These Funny Quotes Of Celebrities!
Friday, October 19, 2007
Washington (ANI): Troubled star Britney Spears has reportedly turned to special lollipops and asthma inhalers in a bid to lose weight. As per reports, Spears is sucking special Hoodia lollies, which trick the brain into thinking that the stomach is filled and a chemical found in asthma medication. The move came before the release of her comeback album 'Blackout" which will be released in less than a month, reports Heat magazine.
Going by the buzz, Spears wants to slim down so that she looks her best for promotional appearances of her album. However, doctor Halle Mir, from Los Angeles' Cedars Sinai Hospital, has warned that the lollies could cause mood swings, lower Spears' blood sugar levels and raise her blood pressure and cholesterol levels. The doctor also warned the magazine against the use of inhaler.
"If she's using it as a weight-loss tool, she's probably relying on epinephrine, which could suppress her appetite," Contactmusic quoted Mir, as saying. “She's risking damage to her lungs and heart. She could even bring on asthmatic symptoms," the doctor said.