TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Markets Live: Sensex Down As Election Leads Trickle In
- Nokia 8.1 Launched In India For Rs. 26,999
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 — Full Accessories List
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK & Aamir Steal The Show!
- December New Moon Lucky For These Signs
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
Monday, November 05, 2007
Washington (ANI): Sir Cliff Richard has decided not to quit music because he wants to continue to prove his critics wrong. The veteran pop singer, who recently announced his plans to follow in Radiohead's footsteps by releasing his new album for digital download, is sure that his music will stand the test of time, despite the changes in modern technology.
"As artists, we face a stark choice. We either keep one step ahead of the technology or we throw up our hands and quit. Personally, I'm not for quitting!" Contactmusic quoted him as saying. Richard insisted that he would still continue to create music for the people, though his idea might not be liked by some of his critics.
"The buzz I get from performing to a live audience is just as real and exciting as it ever was - and hopefully I've a few years left in me yet," he said. "I know a lot of people think I'm a no-no as a musical entity, but when they're writing textbooks I will have to be in there. People will hate it but I will have to be there. I've had an average of three hits a year during my career," he added.