TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Heartthrob Enrique Iglesias has joined the band of celebs eager to befriend new LA residents, football ace David Beckham and wife Victoria aka Posh Spice. The 'Bailamos' singer, who also happens to be a huge football fan, insists to People magazine that apart from being a 'great guy', Becks was just the person to take American soccer to a whole new level.
"He's a great guy, really down to earth. I think he can do for soccer here what Wayne Gretzky did for hockey and Michael Jordan did for basketball," People quoted him, as saying. "If anyone can further the sport here in America, David Beckham is the man," he added.
Enrique bumped into the celeb couple while out dining at Hollywood hotspot Chateau Marmont recently. It was Posh and Becks who made the first move and came over to the singer's table, and soon he and David were chatting like old pals, a source said.
"So immediately he was quizzing David about his playing days starting in England. They were talking World Cup and all that," the source added. The source also revealed that Posh also asked the singer a question that is on everyone's mind nowadays - his relationship with tennis star Anna Kournikova.
"Victoria was like, when are you going to get married? What's the deal with you and Anna? She was like, what's the real deal, you can tell me," the source said. However, that was also one question that Enrique managed to divert pretty deftly.