TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Friday, July 20, 2007
Latin star Enrique Iglesias has admitted that he was nervous about performing in front of a gay audience in a club in London in June this year. The singer said that he was expecting jeers from the audience, but quite ironically the gig went on well and he 'loved' the experience. Iglesias also said that the club's manager thought that he might turn down their offer.
"It was my first time performing at a gay club. But I didn't know what to expect. You get nervous, you have this adrenaline, you're going to perform for 3,000 gay men - you don't know if they're going to be silent, if they're going to boo you. I loved it. It's funny, the owner called my manager and said, 'We figured Enrique is probably going to say no....' And I said, 'Yeah. Are you kidding me,'" Contactmusic quoted Iglesias, as saying.
The Grammy award winner added that he knew that gay audience was loyal, and that his record producer also encouraged him to go ahead with the idea.
At the gig, the 32-year-old was surprised to see his audience joining him and singing so aloud that he couldn't hear himself. "I know the gay audience is very loyal. The guy that I work with, produce all the records with, he's gay. The first person I called was him. I was like, 'Man, guess what we're doing.' He was like, 'We gotta do it. It's going to be great.' When I went on stage, they were singing so loud I couldn't hear myself. My ears were ringing for two days, I promise," he added.