TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
During an interview for her new film, The Great Debaters, Oprah revealed that while she's never going to act again, she's taken to producing like a billionaire fish to water. "We're going to start filming next year," New York Post quoted Oprah as saying of her Lena Horne biopic. "And we've got Alicia," she added. Oprah had told Alicia in 2005 that she would love for the 27-year-old to slip into the legendary singer's shoes.
The casting makes perfect sense since Lena and Alicia share more than a passing resemblance. Both were born in New York, both conquered the music industry quickly and both share a passion for philanthropy. Alicia is a spokesperson for several AIDS organizations, while Lena dedicated her life to the civil rights movement.