TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Jennifer Lopez has been paid a staggering 1 million by a Russian billionaire to perform at a private concert. Andrei Melnichenko has asked the Latin singing star to put on a 40-minute show at his wife Aleksandra's 30th birthday party tomorrow night. Melnichenko is paying 600,000 for the performance and a further 400,000 to fly J.Lo's entourage from the US to Britain where the party will take place. The bash will take place in the Berkshire countryside although J.Lo and her entourage will stay in a top London hotel, which is included in the 400,000 payment.
A source close to the singer said: "Andrei and Aleksandra are huge fans of J.Lo and were thrilled when she agreed to sing for them. It will be an unusual audience for J.Lo as the bash will be packed with billionaires." The party, which will take place in a marquee decorated like a plush nightclub, will be an extravagant occasion, with the all-day event including a cabaret and circus act.
This is not the first time the couple - who count Chelsea football club's billionaire owner Roman Abramovich among their friends - have splashed out on a celebrity performance. When they married in 2005, they paid a reported 2 million for Christina Aguilera to sing at their wedding in the South of France.