- Beyonce Knowles To Set Up Her Own TV Channel
- Beyonce To Set The Stage Ablaze At MTV Video Music Awards
- Beyonce Shares Pics From Her Recent Family Getaway With Blue Ivy & Jay Z
- Beyonce & Jay Z's PDA Filled Italy Vacation Slams Divorce Rumours
- Beyonce Stuns In A Series of Bodysuits At Jay Z’s Made in America Festival
- Jay Z & Blue Ivy Celebrate Beyonce's Birthday!
Friday, October 05, 2007
Washington (ANI): Singer Jennifer Armour, who accused Beyonce Knowles of stealing lines from her song in 2005, is urging a Texas federal appeals court to revive her case. In July that year, Armour filed a lawsuit claiming that Beyonce copied lines and hooks from the former"s song 'Got a Little Bit of Love for You" to use them in her track 'Baby Boy".
Armour also said that she wrote the song before the 26-year-old"s 'Dangerously in Love" was released.
She added that the song appeared in a demo. However, that case was dismissed last year after a federal judge in Houston found a substantial dissimilarity between the two songs. On Oct 4, the Minnesota based singer-songwriter"s attorney Dana Kirk told a three-judge appellate panel that the case should be resurrected since a jury hearing was not conducted.
The attorney also said that an expert analysis shows that Knowles' upbeat 'Baby Boy" had similarities with her client"s number. Beyonce"s lawyer Cynthia Arato argued that copyright rulings are not based on average listeners and not on scientists. Arato also asked whether Knowles or any of her contacts had any access to the plaintiff"s demo.