TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Ananth Kumar Passes Away: PM Narendra Modi Flies Down To Bangalore
- Here Are all The Upcoming Smartphone Launches For The Month Of November 2018
- Maruti Electric Cars From E-Trio Automobiles: Electric Alto And WagonR
- Nick Jonas Bachelor's Party: New Pictures Emerge
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- ICC rankings: Kuldeep, Dhawan & Hafeez Move Up The Charts
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Kanye West has spent $4,000 having a curry delivered from Britain to the US. The rapper ordered a takeaway feast of biryanis, bhajees, breads, poppadums, fish dishes and curried vegetables from Raj's in Newport, South Wales. Head waiter, Tarik Mohammed, said: "I was horrified when I heard about this request because of the distance involved. It's a long way, and our reputation is on the line. We are doing every thing to make sure the food gets there safely and every thing is above board."
The meal was ordered for Kanye and seven guests by a music promoter on Sunday night. It will be served on Wednesday during a high-powered meeting. The food will be made by head chef Kaysor Ahmed and then cooled, shrink-wrapped and packed in dry ice before being flown by helicopter to Heathrow airport on Tuesday and then delivered to New York. The head chef will fly to the US with the food, to make sure it arrives in pristine condition. The complete bill will be $3,900, including travel and accommodation.