TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
Monday, 26, November, 2007
Melbourne (ANI): Pop star Kylie Minogue has been immortalised in a bronze life-size statue to be revealed at Melbourne's Docklands. Minogue"s new figure, complete with lace body stocking and red high heels, will be erected alongside fellow Aussie entertainment greats Graham Kennedy and John Farnham.
The unveiling, to be held at Waterfront City, comes on the eve of the release of her new album, X, on Nov 24, reports news.com.au. Minogue's new likeness is created by Melbourne sculptor Peter Corlett, who is reportedly inspired by the pop star's Showgirl tour to create a figure that showcased the "ultimate Kylie". The statue took three months to produce and, unlike many of his previous works, has splashes of colour.
Corlett liaised with both Kylie's management and dressmakers in London to get her body measurements. He then found a cafe waitress, with the same measurements, to pose Dannii Minogue hated wearing big sis Kylie"s old clothes as a child but now begs for her popstar sibling"s discarded garments. The X-Factor judge was forced to wear her sister"s hand-me-downs as a youngster after the Spinning Around hitmaker grew out of them and Kylie still continues the age old custom of showering Dannii with worn items from her designer wardrobe.
"As kids I used to get hand-me-downs. She's still pretty good with that these days. (Now) she'll find something she knows I'll like or I'll get something for her," Contactmusic quoted the 36-year-old X-Factor judge, as saying. In fact, the sisters taste in clothes is so alike that they end up going to the same shop and buying the same stuff.
“If we've been into the same store without knowing, the assistant will say, 'You both picked up exactly the same thing.' The shops that we both go to will say if she has just bought something," she added.